IAQ President letter
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
The International Academy for Quality (IAQ) is an independent, self-supported, non-profit, non-governmental organization that is administered by a collegial assembly of individuals who have been elected by their peers from among the most respected, active and experienced protagonists of quality in the world. In 1966 the IAQ was founded jointly by the three leading quality organizations of that time: the American Society for Quality (ASQ), European Organization for Quality (EOQ) and the Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers (JUSE). The purpose of the IAQ is to promote the world-wide of quality philosophy, methods, and practice as a means to address and resolve issues facing governments and organizations, especially those problems that globally affect mankind. IAQ maintains relationships with major regional, not-for-profit quality organizations in the world. IAQ supports these organizations by: conducting dedicated topical research projects, providing keynote speakers for conferences, delivering symposia on focused topics of quality interest, and facilitating forums that encourage open dialog on quality-related subjects.
The First World Quality Forum of the International Academy for Quality which was held in Budapest on October 26-27, 2015 could contribute very well to the “Corporate Identity” of IAQ.The First World Quality Forum of IAQ provided a unique and invaluable input for the almost 300 participants from 55 countries and influenced the quality development in the whole world. The first WQF of IAQ could deliver a product that is worthy and has enduring value to the global quality community also for the coming IAQ events which are planned for every two years.
In 2017 the 61th EOQ Congress “SUCCESS IN THE DIGITAL ERA - QUALITY AS A KEY DRIVER”, a joint effort of European Organization for Quality (EOQ) and the Slovenian Quality and Excellence Association will be held in Bled, Slovenia on October 11-12, 2017. One day after the Congress, on 13th October 2017 the IAQ Quality Forum will be held at the same place. Many people, as speakers or regular attendants will participate on both events.
The International Academy for Quality (IAQ) invites you to the 2nd IAQ Quality Forum "Future Impact of Quality" which draft program includes an opening keynote speech by Noriaki Kano, Japan and a closing keynote speech by Gregory H. Watson, USA/Finland as well as following 3 Panel Discussions:
- "Future of Quality Management" chaired by Mohamed Zairi, United Kingdom
- "Quality in Education" chaired by Pedro Saraiva, Portugal with following program:
- Elizabeth A. Cudney, USA: Perspectives and Challenges for Quality in Education
- Zhen He, China and Bo Bergman, Sweden: Large Scale Training of Quality Professionals
- Paul Harding, South Africa: Inclusive Quality of Education
- "Quality Management in the Service of Planet Earth" chaired by N. Ramanathan, India with following program:
- A. Blanton Godfrey, USA: Quality, Efficiency and Planet Earth
- Lars Sörqvist, Sweden: Exploring the Links between Quality and Sustainability
- Willy Vandenbrande, Belgium: Sustainable Quality Management: From Tool to Goal
In addition, 6 Streams (Sessions) including more than 20 high-level papers will be presented and discussed on the IAQ Quality Forum.
I hope many quality committed people will register after April 1, 2017 and participate at this interesting and unique event.
Dr. Pal Molnar